A regular fit shirt in a natural dyed handloom khala cotton jamdhani fabric with unique motif inserts.
Jamdhani is a discontinuous weft technique of weaving, and can be defined as the art of fine ‘Parsi Gara’ done on the loom. In Jamdhani, motifs are inlaid into the fabric by adding a denser thread to warp threads by hand. This technique is extremely difficult and time consuming involving extremely skilled textile artistry.
Our Kala cotton is from Khamir Craft and their Kala Cotton Initiative encourages sustainable cotton textile production in harmony with local ecology. Kala cotton is indigenous to Kachchh and by default organic, as the farmers do not use any pesticides and synthetic fertilizers. It is a purely rain fed crop that has a high tolerance for both disease and pests, and requires minimal investment. It is both resilient and resurgent in the face of stressful land conditions.
- 100% Handloom Cotton
- Woven by extremely skilled artisans
- Regular collar
- Regular fit
- Made by one tailor from beginning to end
- Model is 6″1′ and wears a size M
Size guide in images. Wash instructions:
- Machine wash 30 C.
- Use a mild detergent.
- Tumble dry low.
- Do not bleach.
- Warm iron with steam if you want.
- Dry flat
- Express UK shipping (24-48 hour shipping) is also available at a flat rate of £9.95
- Free International Tracked delivery for EU orders of £150 or more, when selected at checkout. For other orders, it's £14.95
- Free Worldwide Tracked delivery for Japan, China & Hong Kong orders of £200 or more, when selected at checkout. For other orders, it's £19.95
Alternatively, select 'Pick Up' at checkout and you can collect from our store in Norwich free of charge, too.
Please Note: Orders can take 24 to 48 hours to process before shipping
Orders placed after 5.30pm Saturday are not processed until we re-open the following Tuesday. If you need your items faster, we suggest emailing first to guarantee delivery for a certain day.
Please see more detailed shipping and delivery information here.